India has produced a legacy of brave hearts since times immemorial. Probably there is not enough space to measure their sacrifices. However, we cannot close our eyes to those people who have made our country proud by excelling in their own fields and bringing us international recognition. Bharat Ratna is the highest civilian honour, given for exceptional service towards advancement of Art, Literature and Science, and in recognition of Public Service of the highest order.
RK Laxman once said that if the politicians stopped speaking, then that would ruin a Cartoonist’s profession. Indian politicians once again demonstrated how stupid they can be. They are now fighting for “their candidates” to be the next Bharat Ratna – the highest civilian award. If Nanhe has to select the winner then he will select the “JAWAN” of Indian Armed Forces. Their victories and sacrifices are talked about by the common people. They fight without complaints and do not let grudges against bureaucratic injustices linger, for the sake of the motherland. But the controversy has devalued the award and Nanhe considers our Jawan to be above the stature of Bharat Ratna.
Advani suggests Vajpayees name for Bharat Ratna
Left growls then purrs about Jyoti Basu
Maya ‘Demands’ Bharat Ratna for Kanshi Ram
Orissa CM seeks Bharat Ratna for Biju Patnaik
RJD wants Bharat Ratna for some Karpuri Thakur(how dare you don’t know him !)
RLD asks for Bharat Ratna to Chaudhary Charan Singh.
Congress all for giving it either to Sonia’s greyhound or none else.
- Nanhe is not backed by any political party and perhaps this is the prime reason.
- Nanhe has very clean public image and very few people know him. So there is no scope for any controversy.
- Nanhe is not an OPPORTUNIST like our POLITICIAN. Nanhe is a leopard which never changes its colour. We all are very familiar with the word used for our “Beloved Politicians” (it is mentioned at the end). So i guess Leopard is a better choice!!
- Nanhe might not have done something very significant for the country but in his short span of his life so far he has done more than our politicians.
- Nanhe meets you all every week and not like the other nominees who will meet you only during election time.
- If the Public Voting is used to decide the winner then Nanhe is ultimate winner because public certainly won’t vote for any stupid politician.
- Nanhe has no criminal or corruption charges levied against him.
- Nanhe entertains you through his posts and not like the others in the race who have only troubled you.
- Bharat Ratna is given to those who have made their country proud, of course in positive direction. Sadly, the political nominees loose automatically as they have hardly done anything for the country.
- The one question which every one is asking is that why only politicians have been named in the list? As Nanhe is not a politician it will be good if he can be awarded.
It’s really sad to be part of a democracy where awards are chased by a pack of mad dogs (read politicians). They should rather be talking about development and important issues that plague the country. There is no dearth of award-seekers in this country. It is common knowledge that every year the Centre and all State Governments are besieged with self-recommendations for the various Padma awards as well as what State Governments award. It is pathetic to see people, some of them considered very honourable and respectable otherwise, carrying their own resumes to Ministers and whomever they feel can help them get an award.
Sorry Sir even if Nanhe is selected for this honour he will refuse it.