After so much anger and campaign by various agencies the voting % in Mumbai shows the apathy and short memory of the people. South Mumbai which went on streets after terror strike took candle light procession and labeled politicians as zilch. The people laughing the most now are politicians like Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi, who dismissed angry protesters after 26/11 as ‘lipstick wearing socialites’, saying these people are irrelevant as they don’t bother to participate in the political process.
Sadly, nearly 6 months later, he seems to have been proved right. (As said by Sonia Singh in her blog on NDTV)
Here are 10 reasons why South Mumbai didn’t come out to vote on April 30.
- Clashed with Salsa class
- Election whites not drycleaned
- No candidate a hottie
- Tony Jethmalani contesting from suburbs. Sigh
- No valet parking at booth
- Spotted servant in queue ahead of us
- Driver not come
- Elections over dude, Obama won!
- No party tackling real issues, eg, reduce Goly Gym rates.
- No home delivery!