Today was perhaps a day when i was low on energy after a very long time. The two main reasons behind this were:
1> The fact that many of my close friends will either be leaving the company or not be coming to office for long time.
2> I was in pensive mood after bit of frustration at my work.
The mere thought about my friends after company announced the so called “virtual bench” thing left me cogitative. After the decision was conveyed, I talked to Milo, Vishy, Deshmukh Saheb. Though they all pretended to be relaxed, I can feel the pain/dejection/disappointment.
All have become the victim of the economic slump. The reason why am i still safe is not that i am better than others but sheer luck, that I am working on the project. But these people didn’t even got the chance to get on to the project.
There were many people from my college. I know many of them personally. A year back when we were placed we were just so happy and relaxed. Then we finally joined the company. After the initial days of training, I had a healthy relations with all and few became very close to me. For an individual living alone away from the family, friends are the greatest support. I am lucky to have some really great friends in company.
– Vishy is very close.
– Milo is one of the best chap. We and he really gel very well.
– Hiren helped me during our training, and slowly we shared a good rapport with each other.
– Deshmukh is gem of a person. A person who can inspire you the way to live. He smiled all along the way. I and he laughed so much on ourself. We could convey each other anything through movement of eyes. J
– Taran is very good at heart.
– Gautam is just a wonderful person. He could understand many of my hidden words/gestures very easily. A very jolly person.
– I regard Sheetal as very strong girl. She came strongly every time.
– Denis and i hardly talked during the training. But I have been with him for the last three months. Believe me, he is just too good. A guy so simple, sincere, committed and innocent. It was extremely disheartening to see him leaving. He worked so much for the portal in CLPS. It really came as a shock to me when he was also called for the meeting on 2nd. He deserved to be in a project.
Today as I walked into the office, I was pre-occupied with my work and I rushed to my work station. As the time passed, I could feel something for which I dont have any proper word.
After tea break as I shook hands with Gautam and Sheetal I was down in mouth. Their eyes conveyed so much and I was just helpless. I rushed from the canteen. At my desk, Denis and I were chatting when as usual, Denis said ” Shit, it is 5:30″. He always remained so absorbed in his work that he will leave at 5:30 only. Today also he laughed as always very lively. We wished each other and he left with a big smile on his face. But I had tears in my eyes. I am wondering what will happen when I will get back tomorrow and see the chair beside me. Denis has become a part of my professional life. He will not be there tomorrow!!!! Deshmukh called me at 5:55pm but I was doing work and my phone was silent. I was unable to attend the call. After 10 minutes when I called him back, he has already left the office. Just talked on phone and he said “Yaad rakhna”. I have hardly missed a call!!
I don’t know about what the future has in store for me and all my friends. But i just wish and pray from bottom of my heart that they are able to overcome this real difficult time and move on with greater success. May mighty God give them courage and inducement to win all the way. I also want to ensure each of them that I will always be there for them.
I want to read a short poem for all my friends:
When things go wrong as they sometimes will;
When the road you’re trudging seems all uphill;
When the funds are low, and the debts are high;
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh;
When care is pressing you down a bit
Rest if you must, but don’t you quit.
Success is failure turned inside out;
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt;
And you can never tell how close you are;
It may be near when it seems afar.
So, stick to the fight when you’re hardest hit –
It’s when things go wrong that you mustn’t quit.